The following is an update from the Edinburgh Assay Office.
In earlier updates on the Edinburgh Assay Office response the Covid-19 crisis we have outlined the steps that we had taken to keep our office open for as long as is safely possible.
We no longer believe that we can ensure the safety of the staff who must travel to and from our city centre location. Furthermore, today’s advice from Government is very clear. If you are operating a non-essential business that cannot be operated by allowing staff to work from home, then you should be closing your business.
With the health and welfare of staff and the wider community in mind, the Edinburgh Assay Office will temporarily close at 4.30pm on Tuesday 24th of March until further notice. While we appreciate that our decision to close will cause some considerable inconvenience for many of our customers, we are equally sure it will come as no surprise that we have taken the decision to do so, in light of the latest advice from government and the developing situation internationally.
We wish all our customers well during these turbulent times and we look forward to opening again when it has been deemed safe to do so.
- We will endeavour to complete all work that we have and dispatch it tomorrow. Our progress team will contact customers to discuss this tomorrow.
- We will return any work we are unable to complete on request.
- Counter closure: No further work will be accepted over our counter with immediate effect.
- Collecting work: We would ask all our customers to collect their work from the Assay Office before 4.30pm on the 24th of March.
- Posting items: We can post incomplete items back to customers if we receive an email request to do so before midday tomorrow (24th March).
- Storing items: We will store items for customers:
- Who cannot come to the Assay Office to collect work
- Who have not requested their items to be sent back by mid-day tomorrow.
- In the event that we are unable to complete your work.
All email enquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Please monitor our website at www.edinburghassayoffice.co.uk for further updates.